FAST SF SUPER HIGH CUT HELMET SYSTEM
Réf. FAST SF
- Super high cut, ballistic shell made of a hybrid composite of the most advanced Carbon, Unidirectional Polyethylene and Women Aramid.
- High performance evolution of the Ops-Core FAST MT Super High Cut Helmet, with an 8% weight reduction, while maintaining compatibility with FAST head borne accessories.
- Super high cut shell geometry extends critical coverage over the rear occipital lobe without load carrier interference, and optimizes weight distribution for increased stability, integration, balance, and improved comfort.
- Ear cut geometry is 16 mm higher than the FAST XP High Cut shell shape, allowing for clearance of larger headset style communication devices.
- Super High Cut Skeleton Rails offer lower profile with a 30% weight reduction from FAST MT Super High Cut Rails.
- Features a lightweight Modular Bungee Shroud (MBS) which reduces snag hazards and interference. Carabiner clips improve NVG retention and stability.
- Molded liner features proprietary recessed groove, accommodating over-thehead communications headsets with no interference or user discomfort, and ability to doff and don helmet without removing the headset.
- Base of helmet features expanded polypropylene (EPP) liner, offering enhanced impact protection, and molded-in vent holes are integrated with the shell to provide increased airflow and reduce heat stress.
- Available with three suspension/retention options.
- Performance Specification*: Modified and Abbreviated Family of Tactical
Headborne Systems, dated June 30th 2017
- Ops-Core Performance Specification FAST SF PS-1228
- Ballistic Testing:
*Not all suspension/retention options are tested to full stated standards.
|PROJECTILE||V50 MINIMUM FSP|
|2 - Grain (RCC)||4200 fps|
|4 - Grain (RCC)||3475 fps|
|16 - Grain (RCC)||2475 fps|
|17 - Grain (RCC)||2297 fps|
|64 - Grain (RCC)||1750 fps|
|9mm FMJ RN (V0 at 0° Obliquity)||1.195 fps +50/-0 ft/s, Crown -23.4mm, Side- 27.1mm, Front- 29, Bcak 19.1mm|
- Blunt Impact Protection: 150 g's maximum at 10 ft/s. Maximum allowable dent 0.023
- Compression Testing: Top-Bottom = .020" (0.51 mm) Max @ 400 lbs.(181.44 kg), Side-Side = .125" (3.18 mm) Max @ 300 lbs. (136.08 kg) lbs.
- Environmental Resistance: Temperature -Storage and Operating at Ambient, Cold -60° F (-51° C), and Hot +160° F (71° C), Temperature Shock, Flame Resistance, Altitude, Seawater, Field Agent Resistance, Weatherometer
- Shell Construction: Two-Stage Non Slit
- Areal Density:
- Medium (M): 1.407 lbs/ft² (6869.5 g/m²)
- Large (L): 1.413 lbs/ft² (6898.8 g/m²)
- X-Large (XL): 1.396 lbs/ft² (6815.8 g/m²)
- XX-Large (XXL): 1.368 lbs/ft² (6679.2 g/m²)
- Shell Thickness: 0.220" (5.58mm)
Shell Geometry (Curvature): FAST
Cut Style (Side Protection): Super High Cut
Available Colors: noir, urban tan, foliage green, tan 499, multicam, desert marpat ou urban grey
Shell sizing and coverage :
|Head size (circunference)||53-56cm||56-59cm||59-62cm||62-64cm|
Shell weight :
|FAST SF Shell Weight||617g||667g||721g||748g|
System weight :
|FAST SF System Weight (FAST SF Shell with suspension/retention options)||Vented lux liner w/ Worm-Dial fitband||1019g|
|Vented lux liner w/ occ-dial universal fitband||978g|
|Vented lux liner w/ H-nape chinstrap||1039g|
**Estimated calculations of weights) Note: All measurements are +/- 3% tolerance